The Chapel Presents ... A Very Special Benefit for Charities Keeping Families Together at our border
A 50th Anniversary Tribute to "Gris Gris" by Dr John The Night Tripper - Feat A Very Special Cast & Guests
Keep Families Together - benefit
Sat · July 28, 2018
Doors: 8:00 pm / Show: 9:00 pmThe Chapel
$15 adv / $17 door
This event is all ages
A very special tribute featuring:
- Marc Capelle (American Music Club, Red Room Orchestra, Marc & the Casuals)
- Brigid Dawson (Thee Oh Sees)
- Tim Cohen (Magic Trick, The Fresh & Onlys)
- Sheldon Brown (Mondo Cane, Clarinet Thing)
- Amber Lamprecht (Rodriguez, Marc & the Casuals)
- Joe Gore (PJ Harvey, Tom Waits, Tracy Chapman)
- Mark Karan (Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Dave Mason)
- John Schott (Tom Waits, T.J. Kirk, John Zorn, Ledisi)
- Jon Erickson (Kinetics, DJ Greyboy, Preston School Of Industry)
- Paula Frazer (Tarnation)
- Lydia Walker (This Train Don’t Stop)
- Stephen Yerkey (Non-Fiction)
- Eugene Robinson (Oxbow)
- William Winant (Sonic Youth, Oingo Boingo, John Zorn)
- Robert Lopez (Grex, BEAK)
- Dave Mihaly (Jolie Holland, Shimmering Leaves, Mushroom)
- Evan Capelle (Marc & the Casuals)
- Ed Ivey (Polkacide, Rhythm Pigs, Brass Monkey)
He’s played with 100’s of acts including Virgil Shaw, the Fresh & Onlys, Jason Lytle, American Music Club, Tommy Guerrero, Kelley Stoltz, Third Eye Blind, Margaret Cho, and quartet-style gospel pioneers, The West Coast Spiritual Corinthians. He is the bandleader of "Marc & the Casuals," a soul pop collective in its 15th year.
A Sketchfest regular, he has previously performed with Bruce McCulloch, Robert Smigel’s "TV Funhouse," and "The State."
KIND - (Kids In Need of Defense) works to ensure that children do not appear in immigration court without representation, and to lobby for policies that advocate for children’s legal interests, including reuniting them legally with their family.
RAICES - the largest immigration nonprofit in Texas offering free and low-cost legal services to immigrant children and families
Al Otro Lado - a binational organization that works to offer legal services to deportees and migrants in Tijuana, Mexico, including deportee parents whose children remain in the U.S.
Young Center For Immigrant Children's Rights - works to protect children from harsh immigration laws and recently announced a project specifically dedicated to helping children separated from their parents at the border.
Border Angels - California-based volunteer organization. Its primary efforts focus on tackling immigration reform and promoting social justice at the US-Mexican border.
Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project - represents families crossing the border and connects them with support systems they wouldn't normally be able to access.
777 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA, 94110